Holy Cow!

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Some Crafty Goodness with Friends...

 On Saturday, September 8th, I crafted at Susan Hiles' house, here in New Jersey. We used our Gelli-plates to make some monoprints. I'm not sure HOW I'll turn these prints into cards but I made sure to have plenty of matching envelopes...

On Sunday, September 9th, I crafted at Pam Torkelson's house in Virginia. I have drooled over and admired Pam's cards for a number of years. We first met in a card exchange group that was an epic fail so, we started our own group... LOL. Pam is an AMAZING cardmaker! I really can't say that enough! I enjoyed every minute and every technique we did. Can't WAIT to do it again! 
 
We used a detailed background stamp, embossed in white and colored with Distress Oxides in rainbow colors. I absolutely LOVE her "friend" die! We triple layered it for emphasis...
 
 On this card we used the "Color Me" background stamp by Taylored Expressions. We heat embossed with white then colored with Zigs. When we spritzed with water. The results were mind blowing!! THIS background stamp is now on my wish list...
 
Another big background stamp and sadly, I don't know whose. We heat embossed in gold and used Nuvo Shimmer Powders, then spritzed with water. Very elegant result...
 
This was, by far, my most favorite!! This is the Simon Says Stamp Cosmos Background Stamp. We heat embossed in black and used Zigs to color. We colored in the background of the background stamp (that sounds funny... right?!) with a gray Copic marker. AMAZING result! Absolutely AMAZING!! And, of course, I placed an order with Simon Says Stamp and this is IN the order... :)
 
UPDATE: Added sentiment 3-7-19... yup, not a speed demon!
 

On Friday, September 14th, I crafted at Avra's house in Ohio. This, after spending four days in North Carolina preparing my mom for Hurricane Florence. FYI, she fared very well. Living north of Raleigh and on higher ground, there were no issues at her house. Thank God...
 
Anyway, at Avra's we worked on these. The paper was made with Concord and 9th's stencils and pre-printed paper that we stenciled over. The sentiment is also Concord and 9th...
 
On Saturday, September 15th, I joined the Ohio Stamp Junkies at their event held at Legacy Paper Arts in Powell, OH. We had a make and take, some delightful refreshments and lots of camaraderie. I was SOOOO pleased to be with all these talented women! 
 
Of course, I did my due diligence by dropping a few bucks in the store. Legacy Paper Arts is the last Scrapbook store in the Columbus area and I wanted to be sure to support them so they continue to stay open and profitable.
 

These four, and myself, ended the day at a Taco joint in Columbus. AWESOME Margarita's, great dips and chips and yummy tacos! We sat there for HOURS just hob nobbing and enjoying each others company...
 
So, after nine days, my car made it back to New Jersey with 1,500 new miles on her. I truly enjoy crafting and meeting new people. It was the highlight of my month...
 
 


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a busy, fun month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You really got around! Glad you had an awesome time.....
    All those cards are awesome!! I know i’ll Be borrowing one of those stamps when we get together again!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun month and great projects!!!!

    ReplyDelete