Holy Cow!

Sunday, October 21, 2012

September Card Kit...


This September kit from Simon Says Stamp was full of so many wonderful items to play with... I LOVED it!  As of today, I have completed 21 cards and still have some miscellaneous items to use on other projects.  I think I made my money back on this one... :)
 
 
The kit came with a 2" x 2" chalkboard which is too bulky to be mailed... but not too bulky for an Any Hero card... yay!  I loved the "look" of the chalkboard that I then recreated it with chalkboard paper from Michaels layered on craft paper.  I like the white stickers or white emboss on it as it makes it look like a real chalkboard...
 
 
It also came with a gift pouch.  I followed this tutorial to convert it to a card.  Since I put all my cards on a card back, I was able to make TWO cards instead of one... another yay!
 
Once again, I LOVED this kit!  Not only do I have almost a whole roll of washi tape left over (my first time using washi tape), a few scraps of paper and sticker letters but I have a fantastic set of acrylic stamps that I KNOW I'll be using over and over again...
 
 

3 comments:

  1. fantastic - you did get your money's worth out of that kit - helps when every goes together

    thanks for supporting OWH

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great job, Cindy! I love the chalkboard affect . . . that would be great on some kids cards as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth dropped open when I saw what you are able to get out of the kit. Makes me ashamed that I'm not doing more for the soldiers. You have inspired me. Great job!

    ReplyDelete