Holy Cow!

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Kiwi Lane Class at Scrapbook Expo...

 At Scrapbook Expo last week, I took four classes.  I love learning and making new things and stepping out of my "norm".  These cards definitely fit the bill.  Of the four classes I took though, this was my least favorite.  And it has nothing to do with the cards we made.  It was the instruction...
 
  I had no idea what "Kiwi Lane" was and if I hadn't WON the door prize, I would still not know what they were.  They are apparently, different hard plastic "Designer Templates" that you use to trace on designer papers and put together to create a card.  Our "kit" had ALL the paper already traced and we just cut.  That's it!  Just cut...
 
SO, paying $23 to ASSEMBLE five cards was pretty disheartening.  Like I said, if I hadn't won the door prize, I'd be pretty unhappy...
 
These are the "Designer Templates" I won.  I put mine on a ring and have them handy...
 




I hope I create more cards like this with my winnings because
they are VERY different from my norm... :)


8 comments:

  1. Do tell how you use those templates. Do you trace and free cut? Not sure that would be fun! Your cards are gorgeous and I really like them as they are fresh and fun. It is debatable that I would be paying $23 for a class like that either. I am anxious what you say about those templates as I have never seen or heard of them either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you trace the curve on your paper and cut along the line. Yeah, cutting is NOT my favorite thing to do either but, it was pretty easy. All pieces were distressed with tea dye ink and assembled. I'm not sure I would buy more templates, they seemed expensive to me. BUT remember, I'm Joe Frugal...

      Delete
    2. I'm glad Sherry asked because that was my question too. I haven't heard of that brand before either. I think the cards are super cute and something I haven't seen before, but I agree with you, I probably wouldn't buy them unless they cut themselves. :)

      Delete
  2. Your cards are cute but it does seem like a funny class if all you did was cut. I like the scallops but would love to see how you use the mountain looking one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards! I especially like the one with butterflies .... Is that DSP or did you stamp like that? I like the templates, but I agree .... $23.00 to cut and assemble is a bit steep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was all DSP! I was also surprised that the card back was pretty flimsy but that doesn't show in the pictures...

      Delete
  4. Hi Cindy, These turned out better than I thought they would! I know you were disappointed with that class, but I think 3 out of 4 is still a "WIN." And, the best advice you gave me was how to pick classes to take. The classes I took were great (after listening to your advice.) One was a bit disappointing, too, but I was happy overall. TTYS, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked Kiwi Lane up online and actually found some pretty interesting cards. They used alot more layers than these and they looked great. After I complete the 200 other things on my list, I'm going to try that... :)

      Delete