Holy Cow!

Saturday, September 23, 2017

Those DARN Christmas Cards...

What a BAD afternoon I was having with this card yesterday. On my monthly mission to make five Christmas cards, everything that COULD go wrong with this, did. First, I put way too many sequins in the window so you couldn't see the sentiment. That card was completely destroyed trying to open the back to get them out. Then, I didn't attach the gold cord properly (it was an after thought) but thought I could hide it with the branches I was planning to use, so kept going. Then Score tape was sticking more to me than the tulle and I almost destroyed another before I switched to my ATG gun. Then this! I incorrectly opened a new bottle of glue of a brand I'd never used before and SPLASH!! A big mess!
 
I wiped it off and left the Studio for the rest of the day. In the light of a new day, I found it was quite salvageable. The new glue I was using is called "Art Glitter". I was shocked that it wiped up cleanly. Just wrinkled the paper a little where the biggest blob was and dried clear, not at all sticky, as if nothing was ever there. A couple of those sequins will NEVER move but who will know?!! I'm not telling...

But, instead of five for September, there will only be three. I'm okay with that because I am NOT attempting this one again for a long, long time... :)
 

17 comments:

  1. Good save! These are really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your perseverance paid off. Thanks for sharing. The struggle is real! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to save your card... I think it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards! I can't believe you could save it from that glue. I guess you just have to walk away .....Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great save and
    the cards look
    so pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice save! They turned out looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. That is one of my all time favorite glues. Glad it wiped off so easily for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love the fact that you used tulle though as it turned out beautifully...but only the most special can receive these cards !!! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indubitably. Blood, sweat and tears went into these... :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous cards, so sorry to hear of all your troubles. I made one of these with tulle awhile back and know the work that went into them and I only made ONE.

    ReplyDelete