Holy Cow!

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Craffty Weekend... again!

 SOOOO, another wonderful weekend with a crafty friend. Deb came on Saturday morning and left after lunch on Monday. We tried a # of different techniques AND some old ones...
 
    
The first thing we did was an old Online Card Class from 2013 called "Pattern Play". The first was "Pattern Paper and Stamping". This was so cool! We took patterned paper, VersaMark stamped on top of it with another stamp. Clear embossed it, used Distress inks to color the paper, then ironed away the clear embossing. What a neat effect! I did three different backgrounds but only one became a card. The second card is from "Altering Patterned Paper". What a GREAT way to use up scraps from a 6"x 6" pad!

 Then, I got out my relatively new Stampin' Up set called "Weather Together" and made three of these. Simple UNTIL... trying to line up the raindrops under the umbrellas. Math was NEVER my strong suit. LOL
 
 We tried our hand at a "Recessed Panel Card"... not bad!
 
 This is blending Distress Oxides and placing a Mandala die-cut over it that Deb brought to the table. The sentiment is from a Laura Burch set that I own...
 
 Using the precious MISTI, I used Stampin 'Up's "Gorgeous Grunge" to do this. Once I did the math (again, not my forte) we each stamped a few panels to use for later. Who doesn't need birthday cards?

And, on Monday, we finished up with a # of these from the good 'ol days. The Starburst card. Another GREAT use of scraps...
 
Other than a preemptive visit to AnimERge with Wuzya on Saturday night, it was a most productive weekend. Wuzya seemed to have hurt herself and couldn't walk. NOW, you'd think absolutely nothing had ever happened... damn cats!


1 comment:

  1. All of your cards are gorgeous. I love those umbrellas for some reason. What a great idea to go back to those on line card classes. I need to finish some I have started and then go back and watch all of them over again for new ideas. One of these days I am going to get to Jersey and craft with you and Deb. Looks like so much fun. Glad your precious kitty is ok.

    ReplyDelete