Holy Cow!

Saturday, October 3, 2020

FUN in Minnesota...

 

I went to visit and craft with my friend Annie in Minnesota last month from September 9th until the 15th. Barb from Wisconsin joined us. Both women I have known for years beginning with Operation Write Home and now in a mutual group on Facebook. Finally, we were able to get together and craft. Not only did I learn many different techniques from the both of them but we ate like kings. The food was absolutely PHENOMENAL!!

We made many, many backgrounds with the Gelli-plate and acrylic paints which later became cards. I drew the buildings on the green background and added black die-cuts to the brown one.

I was not a fan of the red heart background at first but we had a challenge to use the stamp set with the dog and he just "works" on that card... who knew?! The card with these houses was probably one of my most favorite techniques from the week. I cut apart many different monoprints to create the houses and I'm mad crazy about the result. 

I hand drew the tulips OVER some water-colored Distress Oxides. What a wicked cool effect! The sunflower was drawn thru a stencil and then colored. Another cool effect...

The houses is a stamp of Annie's that was stamped on top of a monoprint. SIMPLE!! And two slimline cards...

We worked with Annie's collection of Art Impressions and Tombow markers to create the scenes and Barb's Gina K set over the Distress Oxide oval. I was delighted with all the cards I made while there and after I returned. I don't know why but, I'm ALWAYS more productive with friends than I am by myself. I couldn't have done it without you ladies!  SOOOOO, when are we doing this again??? I'm ready today. Just sayin'... 

9 comments:

  1. it was a great time - always fun to create and spend time with friends
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect! I can't wait to learn some more...

      Delete
  2. Wow Cindy! Your cards are so inspiring! I finally broke down and bought a gel plate. Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful creations. PS so glad you had fun too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I'm most productive when I'm with other peeps. I should just travel the country learning from all the creative friends I have. I'd have to stop at your house too.

      Delete
  3. Thank you girlfriend. I hope you'll LOVE the Gelli-plate and learn more and more about it. It's interesting all the different things that can happen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy your cards are phenomenal!! I can’t decide which is my favourite! Sounds like a wonderful time. 🧡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great, great time. These ladies re mad creative... :)

      Delete
  5. Such lovely, artistic cards ❤️

    ReplyDelete