HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2015?!! Holy "where's the time going" Batman?!!
I call this card my "process" card. Here are all the steps I took to get this end result...
- On white paper, I heat embossed "Happy New Year!" with silver ink and clear powder
- Using Tim Holtz Distress inks Black Soot and Faded Jeans, I distress the background going darker in the left hand corner and light over the sentiment and bottom.
- I covered the sentiment and created "snow" by flicking Gesso mixed with water off a paintbrush onto the black and blue distressed paper... p.s. I got more on the floor than is on the card. :)
- Die-cut Taylored Expressions Neighborhood Border from Navy Blue paper
- Cut yellows and reds and attach to backs to create "lights" and a door.
- Attach die-cut to card leaving a half inch at bottom.
- Attach three punched miniture stars and add Glossy Accents to them.
- Attach five miniture bling.
I was very, very pleased with the final result and had alot of fun creating it...
Here we go into another year of cardmaking. My fifth to be exact. I'm looking forward to trying new things, taking more classes and forging more friendships thru my love of letter writing AND cardmaking. So, let's BRING it... :)