Holy Cow!

Thursday, May 2, 2019

Cozy Crop Productivity...

 Cozy Crop week went from Easter Sunday, April 21st, until the following Sunday, April 28th. This was my seventh consecutive visit. Ending productivity count was fifty completed cards. The beginning of the week wasn't as productive as the end of the week. I was a little "out of sorts" as the week wasn't going as I had expected...
 
 These are from a Queen and Company kit. Although the cards are lovely, I was quite disappointed in the kit. It was marketed as "all inclusive" but I discovered it was not. And for $39.95, I was not happy. There were NO instructions included and all paper used came from one 6" x 6" pad. This, of course, makes the paper go 10x faster. I purchased this kit because the colors were incredibly vibrant. In person, they were not. I know the people crafting with me were not happy with my "complaining" but it's difficult for me not to be vocal when I feel I've been taken for a ride. No more Queen and Company kits for me. Lesson learned... :(
 
 This card however, was my favorite and although not as bright as the advertisement, it's still a fun card and I love it...
 
Another crafter and I had a "foiling session". Of the fifteen images I did, only these four were "Cindy quality" (the airplane card has a background piece). I've thrown in the towel on this medium as well. WAY too much money to spend on product to only have 30% of it be up to my standards. I gave away most of the images to the other crafter...
 

 This had to be the most fun part of the cardmaking week. Susan Hiles, who has been with me all seven visits and sits next to me, took my box of  "partials" and helped me create twenty-one cards using items from the box. I was stunned! Some of these pieces are from cards made as far back as 2015. I've lugged these around for ages. Well, at least years anyway. This was SO, SO fun! And now, my box is very light weight... woot, woot!!

And, of course, I did make my five Christmas cards for April. Three designs but five cards. The poinsettias are from a W plus 9 stamp and die set. called "Christmas Rose Bouquet". The "peace" card was following a card I saw on Pinterest. I may do this one again... it's different!
 
 
So, another Cozy Crop week under our belt. The trip home, Susan and I critiqued the week and thought maybe a week was too long. Maybe it was. If everyone isn't meshing perfectly, the week can drag...
 


3 comments:

  1. Sounds and looks like overall it was a successful (and satisfying) week. You should be proud of all you accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - I think a week would be incredibly hard. I'm not sure there's anyone I could be with non stop for that long! OR that anyone would want to be around me for 7 straight days) LOL! Can't wait to hear more about the experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be very honest, this was the FIRST time I ever experienced that. The other times, I had so much fun that a week wasn't long enough... just sayin'.

      Delete