Holy Cow!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Things with wings...


This weeks Midweek Throwdown on the Stars and Stamps blog is to make "Things with Wings".  This card is one of the very first I learned to do.  My mentor Barb, sent me the stamps and inks along with directions.  This might even be "the card" that made me want to do cardmaking instead of scrapbooking... but I'm not sure.  If not, it's pretty close!  The butterflies are from a Stampin' Up set called Two-Step Stampin' Simple Sketches ( I never, and I mean never, understood why it was called "two-part" when it is CLEARLY a three-part process... but anyway).  The sentiment is from a collection by Hero Arts called Holiday Ribbons which I found on Ebay when I knew I wanted to continue making this card.  I'm so glad that the season is upon us again!  Ten of these are ready for my next box to OWH...
  

9 comments:

  1. Oooh! That's just lovely! Now you've got me curious about the three parts. I also really like your distressing. I'm going to have to try that again one of these days. I'm learning so much watching other OWH cardmakers do it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so awesome. Might need a tutorial whenever I see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be delighted to teach you this! SO... when are you coming? I'll start setting up... :)

      Delete
  3. I love the colors in this, Cindy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindy, Super nice card. Love the colors and that butterfly is quite different. I really like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Cindy! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just so darn lovely! Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That card is GORGEOUS! I live the colors and am dying to know how you made the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is awesome! I never think to tear my paper - I'm going to have to use that technique more often. The Stampin' Up butterflies look so wonderful with the background paper. Love it!

    ReplyDelete