Holy Cow!

Friday, April 25, 2014

Let's go to Paris...

Holy Eiffel Tower Batman!  I haven't been in my studio since the 9th!  WAY too much travelling.  But the piecé de resistance was watching my brother run the 118th running of the Boston Marathon ON Patriot's Day in Massachusetts.  He is soooo amazing!  And in all the times I've seen the Boston Marathon, I've never seen it from the Start line... wow!  I spent most of the time just bawling...
 
This card is one I've made a # of times before.  As I was assembling the papers, I discovered I didn't have the paper I really like to use for this which had blues, reds and yellows over words.  I was about to say, "Oh well, next time... " when I realized (duh!), I can add my own blues, reds and yellows with some background stamps and my own inks.  It came out fantastic!  After the ink dried, I crumbled the paper over and over then distressed it with Vintage Photo ink.  All the pieces, with the exception of the paper I altered, are scraps... ALL of it!  Boy did I make a dent!  :)


2 comments:

  1. wow very nice...I have an Eiffel tower...I could CASE these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors in the background!

    ReplyDelete