Holy Cow!

Thursday, February 21, 2019

My Five for February...

 I finished these a week or so ago but then left immediately to North Carolina for a family wedding. A pretty simple card but striking. It looks so much more elegant in person...
 
Using the second to largest of the Penny Black Antique Frame dies (shown above), I centered and cut a piece out of my 110# card stock to use as a template. Placing that with repositionable tape on my card base, I used Distress Oxides to blend a background.
 
Once blended and template removed, I used my MISTI to add the sentiment. The cardinals were die-cut using an Impression Obsession die. And the trees from the Tim Holtz Woodlands die set (shown above). A nice composition in the end and keeps me ON TARGET for my challenge of five Christmas cards a month... yay me!!
 

7 comments:

  1. Love these!! But you know i’m A big fan of all you do!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I am a fan of YOUR creations! MISS you girlfriend!

      Delete
  2. yay you - beautiful job on the card - love the background with those trees. I have the trees
    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did little red birds come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As mentioned above, the birds are a die from Impression Obsession. It cuts about 15 at a time. Since I used the same three on all five cards, there are several extras flying around my work space... ;)

      Delete