Holy Cow!

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Paper Pumpkin February 2020, Lovely Day

 My first "official" paper Pumpkin kit arrived last week. I dived in almost immediately. My kit was sent on the second wave and because of that, I saw LOTS of inspiration in the Paper Pumpkin Facebook Group from mid-month on. All nine of these are what is supposed to come out of the kit. I did cut all card bases in half so, there are potentially nine more I can make. THEY will be "alternatives" since I've used up all the die-cuts and foil stickers...

 I did this one first, adding the strip of razzleberry between the two pink background papers. I also cut the pieces down so there would be a white border all the way around...

This one had a slightly colored background that we stamped the flower over. I added more color with a paint brush and the enclosed Rococo Rose ink spot. I colored in the center with a yellow colored pencil and then added Glossy Accents to that same center and added glittery Nuvo drops to the berries...

 This one I colored in the cake with my Prismacolor Pencils, doing my best to match the card base. I maybe, did it ok? It's not a perfect match but it'll work. :)

What a BEAUTIFUL and fun kit this was! I can't wait to work on alternatives...

Update: 3-29-20 A couple alternatives using the stamp set and altering the enclosed envelope...

Update 4-6-20 Completed these alternatives this past weekend. More of the stamp set, Copic colored, inserts from envelopes as background paper, vellum, LOTS of bling and a layered "smile" die-cut. NICE!!

6 comments:

  1. You banged out 9 pretty (birthday) cards - you've been very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous group of cards! I need to get busy. Thanks for the inspiration 💗

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may crack open my kit too! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Open it! Open it! Open it! ... then show me what you did!

      Delete