Holy Cow!

Monday, May 14, 2012

A vintage request...


Of course I must have a post on my birthday!!  Making cards is my most favorite thing to do these days!  This card was created for the woman who has done my nails for the past 19 years.  She asked me to make her a "vintage" thank you card.  I had no idea where to start so what did I do?  I asked for advice from my favorite people... the ladies on the facebook page for Operation Write Home.  With their suggestions AND following the starburst tutorial on the Stars and Stamps blog, I came up with this.  The bottom piece and a couple "bursts" are from a paper bag she uses for merchandise that is sold at the Salon.  I was so pleased with the result.  I'd say this is the prettiest card I've ever made...

3 comments:

  1. It is a very beautiful card Cindy!! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the card! I'm glad it's not going to OWH, with the "coffins and caskets" news right under the thank you! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!! That is too funny! You're right, not good for the guys... lol

      Delete