Holy Cow!

Saturday, May 5, 2012

What better food than cake?



Continuing with the Be a Rebel Challenge... this is #3, "Food as your Focal Image".  What better FOOD is there than cake?!!  This image is watercolored.  Each one of the circles was hand picked from my stash of pre-punched circles.  This was one of the first cards I mass produced so I used to punch all my patterned paper into these two sizes of circles.  Then I realized I had enough circles cut to make a thousand cards... and I'll probably never make a thousand of these cards.  I've learned ALOT since I did these...

3 comments:

  1. The only food better than cake is Birthday Cake!!! and since tomorrow is my 45th birthday (I have to keep repeating the number to believe it) I have been watching for a card to help me get into the celebrating mood! I like the die cut with the big scallops paired with your punched circles. How did you get the stars on the cake?

    Thanks for joining in my "FOOD" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope it's a great one for you...

      I don't know the name of the technique used to get the stars on the cake but I can describe it. I stamped the image on a scrap piece and CUT OUT the area that is the bottom of the cake and that becomes my template. I then lay it over the image on the card after it's watercolored (and dry)and use a small star stamp and randomly stamp across the area...

      Delete
  2. I'm getting worried now. I think I need to have cake and ice cream for breakfast, this is a bad hour to be seeing all this food! Nice card!

    ReplyDelete