Holy Cow!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Halloween...

 
This card came to me in a dream last Holloween... scary, eh?!!  This is one I designed myself.  Creating from scratch is not my forte.  I am usually the "Queen of CASEing"... lol.  So, when I thought this out from start to finish, I was very proud of myself...
 
How did I do this, you ask?  I started with watercolor paper since it's one of my favorite mediums for it's weight and texture.  I distressed with Tim Holtz' spiced marmalade distress ink and then dry embossed with the Stampin' Up web folder.  Using the vintage photo distress ink, I lightly distressed over the web to help it stand out.  A distress tool is used around the edges.  The sentiment is heat embossed with black ink and clear embossing powder and popped with dimensionals.  I made a dozen for my current box to Operation Write Home which will be shipping in a couple days...
 

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Can't believe that Halloween is right around the corner. This card will surely chill and thrill its recipient! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, each card you put on here is prettier than the last. You are getting really good at card making!!!
    I love the way you blended the colors on this one. Love everything about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Halloween... and this card is one of my favorites... it's original and awesome!!

    ReplyDelete