Holy Cow!

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Red and yellow flowers...


I found this cute little packet of red and yellow flowers in the dollar bin at Michaels several weeks ago that I thought would make a cute card.  I put them in my stash until an idea would come.  After Susan Hiles' cardmaking party a couple weeks ago (hilighted in the previous post), an idea took shape.  I CASE'd her layout on one of her kits, added the yellow paper from a stack she gave me that night and created this.  The red paper and bling are also from Michaels.  I used some Tombow Mono Liguid Glue on the jute, which are the stems of the flowers, and quickly ran into problems.  For one, I used too much, so it stuck everywhere including my fingers as I was trying to keep the stem in place.  If that had been video taped you'd all be in stitches.  Secondly, when it dried, it dried tacky.  So, my creative friends on the OWH facebook page guided me to correct my errors.  For problem #1, they said use less glue and get an adheshive eraser for removing excess on the paper.  For problem #2, use baby powder applied with a brush to make the stem no longer sticky.  Both worked.  I am always amazed at how extremely helpful everyone is in sharing their knowledge and secrets.  It makes this hobby an easy one to do with a full encyclopedia always at my fingertips... :)
 

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Cindy! Everything about this says 'fall' to me... at it is already fall where OWH is concerned. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Cindy, so cute and I like your color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect fall card. The colors make me smile

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful design and well put together. I used my ATG for the bottom, where the stems touch each other. Then I used Mod Podge and my heat tool. Took a try or too, but in the end, it worked. I like that baby powder idea; I'll keep it in mind if I run into any more problems. TFS!

    ReplyDelete