Holy Cow!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

My Top Ten for 2016...

It was a much slower year for me, in blogging , then in past years.  Only 26 posts.  Wow!  I did, however, rock my Christmas card input for the year.  Not only was the # high, there were many DIFFERENT ones.  AND, I have twenty-five not used and ready for next year... bonus!

SO, without further ado, my Top Ten Cards of 2016...

I started the year off by hitting the ground running with my FIVE Christmas cards a month challenge.  This was one of fourteen made from the Simon Says Stamp December 2015 Card kit.   HERE is the original post...
 
 By February, I was taking an online class thru Craftsy, called Cards with Dimension which REALLY took some of my cards to a new level.  Original post HERE...

 Ernie's Valentine, using a stamp set by Inky Antics that I've had for a couple years.  Original post HERE...

Then along comes Cozy Crop in April and fellow crafter Deb, taught us how to make backgrounds on a cereal box.  This was so cool!!!!  THEN, layering on the bird I had previously colored and fussy-cut, I added one of her sentiments.  What a fun card!!  Original blog post HERE...

 Some more from that Craftsy class.  Original post HERE...

Tried out BRUSHO and made backgrounds...

This was so, so, SO much fun to color!  I want to do this again and again.  I think I've found a fellow crafter that'll be at Cozy Crop this year, that owns it and I'll ask if she can bring it, and I can stamp a few more images for coloring later.  Original post HERE...

I acquired a very, very, very LARGE box of stamps from our SIL's mom.  This stamp was pretty neat to color but took a LONG time.  Original blog post HERE... 
 
 And then, Scrapbook Expo was here in September.  I took four classes but this one was my favorite.  Original blog post HERE...

And the year isn't complete unless I add what became our personal Christmas card.  I took a class in NYC at the Ink Pad, in November, that was called Holiday Extravaganza.  I can't wait to take it again this year!!  It was wicked awesome!  I bought ALL the supplies to do this card (very unlike me) and made 32.  This was a very labor intensive project but I was very, very pleased with the outcome.  Original blog post HERE... 
 
I'm actually surprised that only four of ten are Christmas cards.  I really rocked my challenge this year making over 120 Christmas cards.  I mean, NAILED it!! 

SO, HAPPY NEW YEAR and let's go rock this year with lots of inspiration!!  :)



5 comments:

  1. These are all so pretty. I especially like the Brusho background because a friend sent me a card using those and it was so gorgeous. I have been meaning to get me some and do it myself. Thanks for the inspiration, girlfriend. I cherish the Christmas card you sent me. I elfing love you too. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALWAYS fun to make you smile! Thanks for all the kudos... :)

      Delete
  2. Great Top Ten post Cindy! I miss these too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy, these are fabulous for top ten! I especially like the Brusho background and those daisies are awesome! I enjoyed doing that in OWH. I haven't thought about doing it since.

    ReplyDelete